Kirk Rich for Atlanta
Endorsed by the Atlanta Police Union
Endorsed by the Atlanta Fire Fighters Union
District 6 is comprised of 10 of Atlanta’s most beautiful, historic and unique neighborhoods. They include Ansley Park, Atkins Park, Brookwood Hills, Druid Hills, Lindbergh/Morosgo, Lindridge Martin Manor, Morningside/Lenox Park, Piedmont Heights, Sherwood Forest and Virginia Highland.
Those who choose to live in-town do so because they want to experience all this great city has to offer – the Atlanta BeltLine, Piedmont Park, Atlanta Botanical Gardens, The High Museum, some of the city’s best restaurants, theaters and so much more. However, our district also has issues that need attention to move us forward.
In running for Atlanta City Council, I intend to focus on the following:
- Addressing the City’s number one concern – transportation
- Promoting transit safety through added bike lanes and bike paths
- Creating added mobility options through alternative modes of transportation
- Providing our police and first responders with added tools to effectively do their jobs, and providing affordable housing options to encourage them to live within the district
- Repairing our City’s deteriorating infrastructure
- Finding ways to limit over-density and “development creep” by effective negotiation with developers
- Increasing collaboration between the Atlanta City Council and the Atlanta Public Schools to ensure our children receive a quality education while remaining safe
- Ensuring we maintain and increase our greenspace
- Improving our aesthetic through burying utilities and encouraging innovative design
Why run for Atlanta City Council? For the first time in my lifetime, the City of Atlanta has the unique opportunity to reset many of our governmental objectives. With the election of a new mayor and a significant number of new Council members, we can improve transparency and implement progressive policies to move Atlanta forward.